Need a few jobs for the lighter evenings?
These will keep you out of trouble during the coming month! If you don’t have a great deal of time, then you can do as little as 10 minutes every evening and it will help keep on top of your gardening ‘to do’ list, leaving the weekends free for bigger projects or some pottering and resting.
1. Weeding will need to be done more frequently this month as weeds will become more of a nuisance. Be careful not to disturb any seedlings when you do this
2. Keep an eye on plants in containers or pots for signs of pests
3. Hedgehogs will be coming out of hibernation this month and will help in the garden by eating slugs and other unwanted pests, which is good news
4. As leaves appear on trees and shrubs check for aphids and spider mites
5. Clean and repair garden tools and check garden furniture for rot
6. When it is warm enough you can start treating sheds, fences and trellis with wood preservative
7. You can continue to feed birds this month too, but try to provide smaller sized food for the mother to take to the fledglings.