The great British brew is experiencing a revival. It’s not just the nation’s favourite beverage, it’s also good for your health.
Researchers say tea includes an antioxidant called polyphenols and also has phytochemicals.
1. Drinking tea could help reduce the risk of a heart attack.
2. The antioxidants in tea may help protect against cancers.
3. Tea is hydrating even with the caffeine content.
4. Drinking tea is linked with a lower risk of Parkinson’s disease.
5. Tea could keep waist circumference in check.
6. Tea might be effective in the prevention and treatment of neurological diseases.
But like all research, please don’t assume it’s definitive and tea can cure all. However, one thing is for sure, we could all benefit from a sit down and the chance to chat and share a joke with our friends and family, or to watch the world go by. Tea certainly offers us an opportunity to take a break from our daily duties and to do this.