April is just around the corner…
Time to get that ‘to do’ list written for the coming month. Here are eight tasks you could be getting on with in April:
1. Net fruit trees and shrubs against bird damage.
2. Sow onions, beetroots and winter cabbage.
3. Sow your first carrots.
4. Cut back newly planted raspberries.
5. Remove the dead heads of daffodils and other spring flowers but leave the foliage intact.
6. Finish pruning roses.
7. Mow lawns, weed and feed them if the weather is mild.
8. Clean houseplant leaves with a damp soft cloth. Remove any dead leaves.