Scents of the summer
Time to plan ahead and get ready for summer evenings out in the garden breathing in the heady air and enjoying the sweetest smelling blooms around. Here are five of our favourite super summer scents:
1. Echinacea ‘Harvest Moon’ lives up to its name with marvellous, enormous scented flowers that can be up to 10cm in diameter.
2. Lavandula angustifolia ‘Hidcote’ has fragrant spikes of very dark violet, almost navy blue, flowers from July to September and silvery-grey/green aromatic foliage, which smells wonderful when you brush passed it.
3. Nemesia ‘Aromatica Rose’ has perfumed flowers that can fill a patio with a heady scent while their dainty blooms are very pleasing to the eye too.
4. Rose ‘Grace’™ (Auskeppy) is a repeat-flowering rose with beautiful blooms with a strong perfume.
5. Sweet pea ‘Matucana’ has smaller flowers than modern varieties but this is made up for by the enthralling fragrance.