Growing herbs on your kitchen windowsill
Herbs are ever so easy to grow indoors and they are so rewarding, as you can pick and eat them with minimum effort.
But in order to keep your herbs looking and tasting good for as long as possible it’s important to follow a few simple rules:
1. Water your herbs a little and often. A good time to remember to do them is in the morning while you’re having your first cuppa of the day.
2. Don’t over water them. This is one of the most common causes of herb death!
3. Test the soil with your finger to see if it is dry before watering. Water sparingly even if the soil is dry, just a tiny amount will suffice.
4. Keep your pots of herbs in a bright yet draught-free spot.
5. When picking the leaves you wish to use in cooking or to garnish dishes, snip from the top of the plant to allow light to reach lower leaves. This will stimulate more growth.