Louise’s top tips for wrapping plants for Mother’s Day
How you present gifts is very important and taking a bit of time and care over it adds so much to the perceived value of the present and level of thoughtfulness.
If you’ve got your mum a special plant for Mother’s Day then follow our handy tips from our gift wrap expert Louise, on how to wrap it beautifully.
- Cut a square of cellophane approximately twice the length of the plant
- Place the square on a flat surface with one of the corners at the top
- Lay the plant down on top of the cellophane in the middle
- Fold the bottom corner of the cellophane up over the pot
- Bring the sides round over the pot and tape together
- Wrap some ribbon around the pot just above the top of the pot under the canopy of the plant
- Make a bow with the ribbon or curl the ends of the ribbon with scissors.
Another great way to wrap plants and give them a very natural look is by using hessian around the pot and tying with raffia or string.
Simply adding a large bow to plants such as trees or shrubs turns them into great presents.