Save and re-use water
We should all be doing our best to reduce the amount of water we use in our homes and gardens, while also helping maintain moisture levels in soils.
1. Fit a nozzle on your hosepipe so you can control how much you use
2. Grey water (such as dishwater or water from washing vegetables) can be used to water plants as long as it’s allowed to cool, contains no chemicals and isn’t used on plants you intend to eat
3. Collect rainwater in a water butt
4. Using a soil conditioner or homemade compost aids moisture retention
5. Choose plants which like dry conditions, such as grasses, herbs and succulents.